Are you looking for software that will improve the productivity of your organization? Are you looking for a way to communicate and collaborate at your firm?
You might want to explore it a bit more. Ensuring that you invest in the right platform for a longer interval is something this will help to do.
Is it a good choice for your business? Are you going to make the right investment?
We will show you features and benefits to help you make a decision.
What is SharePoint?
The web-based platform Microsoft SharePoint Online is very customer-oriented. It works with Microsoft Office to share files. It is a content and document management system
It is possible to coordinate and communicate in a secure workspace with SharePoint. You can build tasks, track schedules and get information about the projects.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365 and choose the apps in the menu.
- Click on the page that you want to create.
- Go to the team site.
- The design of your website can match your requirements.
- Correct details will include name and description.
- Click Finish to complete the setup.
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
“They are used as a space for members lists. It’s possible to have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner in the system. Users have access to the documents and content once they click on the library.”
The best way to use the document library is by using this method.
- The documents can be chosen from the left- vertical pane.
- To add new items, choose new. You can drag and drop files from the current library folder.
- The app will open a Microsoft Office file.
- You can change the file with other members at the same time in a modern web app. You can check out a file and stop others from working on it at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update, and remove items.
2. SharePoint Workflows
The set of decisions and tasks give you the outcomes. The automated application that handles the execution of standard business processes is similar to them. If you want to save time and effort, you can use a set of templates in Sharepoint. Consistency and efficiency will be gained from this.
The roles are linked to the workflows.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
The basic feature allows users to enter and execute search queries The recent website and any sub-sites have the scope of search in them. The search application processes the query and returns results that are in line with the queries.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages may be included in search results. Permissions, previous searches, and context are required for the search engine in Microsoft SharePoint online. If you add words to the search box, it will return solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
“It gives the host features to store, group, modify, and capture vital data about the content stored. The library can be used to store the data’s content to enhance search and analysis.”
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
There are components in this template that support project management.
- The project summary is for the project.
- There is a task timeline.
- The task list has things on it.
- “It’s a calendar”
- There is a document library.
- Task management features are built in.
It is easy to handle tasks and projects hassle-free with this method.
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
The features, pros, and cons of SharePoint have been provided to you by us. Small, medium, and large businesses need team collaboration for projects.